Undocumented Students

Resources for Undocumented Students

In-State Tuition

Undocumented students who have attended Kansas high schools may qualify for in-state tuition at FHSU under the Kansas 2004 House Bill 2145. For more information, including specific criteria, review the frequently asked questions at regarding Eligibility for Resident Tuition for Certain Undocumented Immigrants and Others.


Undocumented students may be considered for FHSU Scholarships, including incoming freshman and transfer scholarships and general university and/or departmental scholarships. Apply online for FHSU scholarships at

Outside scholarship opportunities are also available. A list of scholarships begins on page 38 of the Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth listed below under General Resources.

Federal Financial Aid

To be eligible for federal student aid, students must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.

Undocumented students, including students who have received the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, are not eligible for federal student aid. More information is available in the Federal Student Aid's fact sheet about undocumented students and financial aid.

General Resources:

Back to top